- Explicit peer discovery, I need to talk to @kindiana about how to deal with some of the remaining futures, today I ripped all but two out of the entire system with the goal of making code that’s actually somewhat comprehensible. Two other things, why in the world is it so hard to make error types for futures and why is Rita loop itself an actor? why not just do it in the main thread?
- Large set of fixes for Althea_rs for the Alpha 7 release https://github.com/althea-mesh/althea_rs/pull/158
- /exits/nickname/register to complement the other two endpoitns, Adam may soon be blocked on this
- Version lock Althea-firmware on top of specific OpenWRT commit hashes, then try and automate the process of testing an update to those hashes.
- Improved dynamic topology CI for Rita
- Refactoring the unit tests to be more readable, right now they work on checking some of the console commands run, in addition to other things, while these are ok test wise they are nearly impossible to modify easily
- Modify the /wifi-settings endpoint to take changes more simply, like POST to wifi-settings/radio-0/mesh to toggle rather than sending an entire struct.
- Looks like routers got miss shipped so he’s going to order a glb1300
- Dashboard exit signup changes, this includes updating the exits section screen to use the /exits interface as well as @drozdziak1’s recently merged /exit/nickname/select and /exit/nickname/reset endpoints.
- Dashboard smoothness, high latency endpoints need some compensation
- Dashboard liveness, the exits endpoint provides a lot of cool debugging features that should be presented to the user helpfully.
- Layout and design improvements
- Setting up QA network, Josh is going to be testing a few builds a week with the goal of providing an outside person to break things devs won’t take the time to. But first he has to get his test network working.
- Getting a Althea Cosmos zone up and running, he has a validator up now and is working on figuring out various things we may need. While we are using ETH api’s and software we plan to run on cosmos for their faster proof of stake speed. High transaction fees could easily kill the viability of Althea otherwise.
- turning the Ring port for mips into a pull request, see the conversation here https://github.com/briansmith/ring/issues/562