Daily Dev Update for 06-08-2018

We’re full steam ahead on refactoring and improving the networking code.

My goals are

End of this week

• Peer discovery refactor merged
  • new endpoints ready and refactor of exit signup refactor (getting meta)
  • new dashboard ready
  • next release going into test

End of this month

• Testnet Aragon stuff and TCR online
  • early subnet dao blockchain integration in test

Early next month

• Reviews and refactors in guac
  • On chain integration of payments

End of next month

• testnet payments

I think this is moderately aggressive but eminently doable.

@ttk2 :
Working on

• CTO/Buisness stuff and management, will take up review of tunnel manager soon
  • Better firmware CI blocked on Travis hating long builds. Need to find a solution (the dreaded Jenkins?) containerized firmware builds on the other hand are a go and should be merged.

@drozdziak1
Working on

• The register endpoint has evolved into a refactor of the exit management code in the same pattern as the TunnelManager refactor. Hopefully it comes out as well.

Todo

• Improved dynamic topology CI for Rita
  • release management shenanigans

@Adam_Soltys
Working on

• Working on integrating the new endpoints, gave an end of the week ETA which is great!

Todo

• Dashboard smoothness, high latency endpoints need some compensation
  • Dashboard liveness, the exits endpoint provides a lot of cool debugging features that should be presented to the user helpfully.
  • Layout and design improvements

@Josh
Working on

• Waiting on testing builds from the rest of us.

Sebastian
Working on

• After some discussion today we decided that POA was unneeded as the basic ETH testnet should be good enough for us. Sebastian is now working on setting up Aragon and picking up the subnet dao development.

Michal
Working on

• Unit tests and general reviewing of the peer discovery refactor. Spent some time doing over the codebase this morning with Stan. Brian is not being cooperative with the Ring re-factor (as expected) trying to decide if I should assign a Guac refactor or going through existing Rita code like traffic watcher first. We could really use some careful review of our use of iptables…