Current timeline is as follows
- July 13th Alpha 6 with payment packets / transactions being exchanged to settle debts
- July 27th Alpha 7 with these payments being published to full nodes and the creation of bountyhunters
- August 10th Beta 1 with issues from these previous releases resolved enough for testnet function.
Alpha 6 Needs
- firewall rules (easy)
- Reliable creation and sending of payment packets without the retry death loop from last time
- The payment packets are actually sanity checked and used to resolve the existing debt balance.
- Basic wallet functionality, there’s an eth key, a dummy function to get the balance of that key then management of that balance.
- The start of a UI for said basic wallet functionality
Alpha 7 Needs
- All transactions are signed and valid to publish
- Bounty hunter servers can receive channel states and hold them in memory + compare them to transactions flowing through the system
- To throttle people based on nonpayment and events from the blockchain.
- We query our own balance and our channels balances on loop and act accordingly, this responds gracefully to various real world issues like intermittent connectivity and infura being down etc.
Beta 1 Needs
- Polish on everything to come before it.
- User interface elements to manage wallets and balances in a user friendly and actually usable way.